Thursday, March 13, 2008

2008 Update

The year is just beginning for breeding the mountain kings. I turned the heat back on for the males on March 1st. On March 10th the heat was turned on for all the adult females. Everyone is eating well so far. I rotated in some males with the females when I got home from work today and there was at least one hookup already. It should be a good year for babies if all goes well. I have four females that should produce plus one more that I may decide to let breed if she eats well the next two weeks. Like last year I do not have any formal type of waiting list. I can tell pretty well who is serious and who is not when it comes to wanting babies that I produce. As always I am holding back the best ones IMO for myself and a few close friends but there should plenty of real nices ones left to invest in. I was shocked last year by the demand for my babies. It gave me a real sense of satisfaction to see people compliment my animals the way they did. I knew if I stuck with this that people wouldn't be able to resist the striking light orange and reduced black animals that I'm starting to regularly produce every year. I was always puzzled why most gave up these guys, but I think it's safe to say they are becoming more popular again. This blows away any Ball Python project IMO. Anyone can do those guys. These Mountain Kings need a lot of TLC and gained knowledge of their habits to have them thrive, but they do thrive when given the right conditions. I'm looking forward to another great year with these guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home