Friday, April 27, 2012

Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs!

Did I mention it's egg laying time? Okay so here's the tally for this year. I only have one female left to lay. As of right now I have 28 fertile eggs out of a total laid of 40 for the Juarez girls. That comes out right at 70% fertility rate which has been about my average since I have been breeding these agalmas. As for the Martirs, my first female crapped out on me and laid five bad eggs. Ughhh. This doesn't give me much hope for the second clutch due to be laid today or tomorrow. The same male is the breeder for both. My theory is that it is the boys fault when I get bad eggs because of no viable sperm. I didn't get any samples from him this year to check out under the microscope. I'm hoping for a miracle on the second clutch, but I'm pessimistic to be sure. So I should have lots of little Juarez babies out and about around three months from now. If you ever wanted to get a pair of these from me, this year would seem to be a good year. Although I've been getting screwed on the sex ratio with high males the last few years, I'm hoping the odds turn around this year and I have more girls hatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home